Wednesday 3 June 2015

LUSH Summer Skincare - Lush Luton Bloggers Event Part Two.

 Hey Guys!
Hope your all well?
 
Yesterday I uploaded a post about the Lush Luton Bloggers event - which you can read about here.
In that post I explained how I had a fabulous skincare consultation and ended up picking a few things up, so today I thought I would do a haul all about what I chose.
 
 
 
 
 
When you go into Lush you are welcomed by a huge wall of skin care and sometimes this can be really daunting.
There were so many things to choose from I didn't even know where to start.
 
 
 
Because of this I would highly recommend asking a Lushie (member of staff) for help-if you are unsure. Especially as some products are really quite pricey so It is best to be sure you are getting the best thing for your skin.
 
The consultation I had done took no more then 15 minutes and I had all my questions answered and even got to demo the products - thank you Lauren!
 
 
The First Product I got was Ultrabland.
This is a cleanser that is a absolute piece of magic at removing makeup!
 
With the use of Bees Wax, Almond Oil,Honey & Rose water this waxy cleanser strips away any trace of makeup and grime of your face really quickly and gently.
This was actually really affordable at £7.35 for 45g which is the small tub above, or you can get a 100g pot for £11.25 which is fab!
 
You simply massage this onto the face after a long day and massage away all your makeup then simply wipe away with a wet face cloth or cotton pad. Lauren did tell me though that this product sometimes takes a bit of perseverance as the rich ingredients can sometimes break you out before it makes a difference so they sway to give it a month to really give this a shot. I will be doing a more in depth review after a month of using this to let you know how I get on, but so far so good!
 

 
 
I then went on to tell Lauren that I really wanted something to exfoliate the skin gently as I had tried another exfoliating scrub from lush which was way too harsh for my sensitive skin.
She then showed me this yummy delight - Let The Good Times Roll.
 
This is another cleanser but with this one you have to mix it in your hand with a tiny bit of water and make it into a paste (and also try not to eat it as it smells like buttery popcorn yum!)
 
To exfoliate skin Lush have used polenta and maize flour to gently buff the skin, and although it is super gentle it is still super affective.
This cleanser will cost you £6.75 for a small tub or you can get the bigger one for £16.68 to give your sensitive skin a effective exfoliation!
 

The next thing to do was pick out a face mask since I had some black pots to recycle (use 5 lush pots and clean them out and take them into store and you will get a free face mask!).
 
I usually look for something that helps problem skin as my medication very often makes me break out. Lauren recommended two face masks but in the end I chose Catastrophic Cosmetic which smells like blueberry yogurt! It is packed full of amazing ingredients like  blueberries, calamine and chamomile, rose, and almond oils which really helps soothe and soften the skin.
 
After using this it made my skin really glow and felt baby soft - and can't beat something that smells THIS good. All of their fresh face masks cost £6.50. Because they are fresh they do need to be kept in the fridge but this just adds to that soothing and calming affect to the skin - great for when this summer weather arrives (which will hopefully be soon?)
 
 
And then the final thing I picked up for my new skin care routine was a toner water.
To complement the other products I chose Eau Roma Water which has rose water and lavender water in which both help soften and soothe and reduce redness on the most delicate if faces.
 
I have really been enjoying spraying this onto a cotton pad and sweeping across my face just before I moisturise, it really makes you face feel squeaky clean and complete!
This was really budget friendly with a small bottle coming in at £4.25.
 
What are your skin care favourites?
Do you have a favourite from lush? Or are you looking for something yourself?
Feel Free to Comment Below.
 
Stay Safe & Speak Soon
Kate
x o x o


No comments:

Post a Comment