Friday 12 September 2014

Liver Update - August 2014 Clinic

Hey Guys!
Hope your all okay?
Since I have been gone for a while I knew one of the first things I had to do was update you all on how my last clinic checkup went.
 
Some of you may follow me on twitter and already know that it was a strange clinic really.
It wasn't awful but it wasn't great either.
 
My liver numbers are generally okay but they are still nowhere near where they should be which sucks,since we don't know why they aren't better.
So because of that I need an other biopsy done - sigh.
 
(For those of you curious what happens in a biopsy I wrote this post a few months ago)
 
My doctor wants to do another biopsy as the results should inform them of a few things
 
#1 If I have ongoing rejection since they discovered it at the start of the year.
 
#2 How advance the rejection is if it has changed.
 
#3 If they can change my medications.
 
I am on alot of medication - more then most liver transplant patients,this is simply because whenever my medications dropped my liver doesn't like it and my numbers get worse BUT with all the medication I'm on I have a very bad immune system but this won't improve until my medication intake drops.
 
All very confusing but hopefully once this biopsy has been taken we will know a bit more.
I am hopefully seeing the immunologist again soon - the poor woman has been sifting through my medical records since I last saw her oops.
 
So I won't know much more until then!
Thanks to everyone who has been asking how I am.
 
Stay Safe & Speak Soon.
Kate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment