Friday 21 February 2014

Kate Cooks - Salsa Turkey Peppers

Hey Guys!
Hope your all okay?
Since moving away from home  I had to learn how to cook,which I wasn't too familiar with apart from cooking the basic pasta.
So I thought I would share some recipes / meals that I make for Me and Gareth especially while we are trying to eat a little bit healthier - after all nothing beats freshly cooked food.

So today I thought I would share a recipe that I cook quite a lot for myself when Gareth is away as it is really quick & easy.
Last night I put this to the test,and cooked it for Gareth.

Prep Time : 5 Mins.  Cooking Time : 20-25 Mins.

You Will Need :

4 Large Peppers.
140g Of Rice (although I didn't weigh ours out oops)
(You could also use uncle bens microwave mexican rice if you wanted to make it quicker..)
270g Of Salsa in Med or Hot - I used discovery's in the squeeze'y tube. 
200g of Kidney Beans.
Grated Cheddar Cheese.
20g Corriander (I missed this out due to personal taste)
Lime to serve.


1. Pop the rice on to boil.
I used the easy cook rice to make things even quicker - after all this is a quick cook recipe :)

2.While the rice is boiling,you will want to cut of the top of the pepper,and take out all the seeds. Lightly oil them and them pop them in a preheated oven on 200C / Gas mark 7 for ten mins.


3.While the rice & peppers are cooking you will now want to cook / brown your turkey.
You can use chicken for this recipe but turkey is a tad healthier so we went for that instead.


4.Once the rice is cooked (it took about 13 minutes on the hob on full) drain it & pop it into a mixing bowl.
Add in your kidney beans,salsa,cheese & coriander (if using) and mix it all together.
And you get the mixture looking like above!


5. Then take your peppers and fill them generously with the rice mixture.
You can top with a little more cheese if you want and I topped Gareth's with Cayenne pepper as he likes his food hot!


Pop the lids back on and cook for a further 10 minutes...
(you don't have to keep the lids on,just makes it look 'pretty')



Then there done! (you can top with a little bit of lime juice)..
Tasty Salsa Turkey Peppers.
A quick meal that you can have for dinner,or reduce to one pepper for lunch!
Perfect!

Hope you liked this post & if you give it a try be sure to tweet me a picture..

Stay Safe & Speak Soon!
Kate
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment