Sunday 17 March 2013

Dainty Doll Make Up Review!

Hey Guy's!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day for those of you who have been celebrating it today - and for those of you who haven't,well I hope you've had a nice weekend.

I've been really excited to do this post for a while now and can't wait for you all to read it. This post idea came about when I saw a blog post on another bloggers page (HaySparkle). She wrote a review on the make up range Dainty Doll.

She gave a head's up to this amazing site fragrancedirect.co.uk 
They sell Beauty & Fragrance at discounted prices,and some of the price drop's are honestly amazing!


Dainty Doll is a make up range that was created by Girls Alouds Nicola Roberts for girls like herself who have very pale skin tones,and struggle to find makeup the correct shade. Those of you who know me will know I have very fair skin and I struggle generally with most drug store brands to find a foundation that is light enough as even ivory can be way too orange on my skin!

So of course when I saw this site with the range at a cut of the price (up to 80% off!) I just had to try it out. I have been using these products over about a week now,to try and give you a bit of a better review on the products.

First are these two blush's.
The one on the left was "My Girl" (002) and on the right "You are my sunshine" (004)
002 is a a rosy pink and 004 is a lilac/ light pink.


Dainty Doll Powder Blush - £1.99    
RRP £13.50   saving of £11.51



The color pay off from these are both lovely! You only need a little bit of product on your brush and it really does transfer well and is true to it's pan color.
The pink blush is gorgeous,and looks so natural on my skin tone,it adds color without looking really unnatural which I struggle with generally with cheek products. 
I haven't used the lilac shade quite as much but it is so lovely for fair skinned girls who want a very subtle blush,personally I will wear this when I make a feature with my eye makeup. Due to the color I think that people with a slightly darker skin tone could actually use this as a highlight as it really is such a soft and subtle color,but I did find it gave a slight shimmer where as I prefer matte finishes to cheek products.
I also brought a cream blush but haven't tried it out yet so I will but that in a review some point in the week.

The next product I tried was a eyeshadow base.
This was in 001 "Frankie Girl"
If I'm honest I don't use eyeshadow base normally but figured since I've started wearing a lot more eye shadow instead of eyeliner it was worth a shot.
 And,I'm happy did. It has defiantly helped my shadow last throughout the day and kept the pigment the same from when I first applied it to when I remove it! Defiantly worth buying at the steal of a price..

Dainty Doll Eyeshadow Base 001 Frankie Girl - £2.99

  RRP £10.50  saving of £7.51



                                                                   


Then the final product I brought was a mineral foundation.
Now,personally I like my foundations to have a high coverage,as I have fair skin when I have red patches there easy to see and I like to cover my freckles too,so I've never tried mineral foundation as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy the coverage it gave.

Yet I was so wrong..

Dainty Doll Loose Mineral Powder
Now That I've Found You (001) - £2.99  
RRP £19.50  Saving of  £16.51


I love it! This foundation will be ideal for summer as it isn't heavy.
This foundation with Collection 2000's concealer is lovely. I wouldn't personally feel comfortable though to wear this if my skin wasn't clear and blemish free though as it is a very light coverage but there's ways around that if you use different products along side it!

So overall I think this brand is lovely and I'm so happy I could try them at such a low price.
I think although the brand has pale skin tones in mind a lot of the products would be suitable for near enough all skin types minus the foundations and concealers really!

Be sure to check fragrancedirect.co.uk out as honestly they have a lot of high end brands with discounted prices CK,Elizabeth Arden etc. Then they have brands like Rimmel and Bourjois!
Seriously don't loose out on these discounts plus they don't sell just make up! They sell O.P.I and Essie stuff,Fragrance,Home products,Tanning - everything!

Go take a look and comment below with the great find's you get,your bound to have plenty!

As always feel free to comment below or go check out my instagram (_katiekaboom) my twitter (KateTrevener) or now my new YouTube channel (youtube.co.uk/TalkingTransplants) where I hope to be uploading more videos soon!

I have a review of Rimmel's Match Perfection Foundation coming soon,so be sure to come back !

See you soon & Stay Safe.
Kate 
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment